Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A Beach Wedding

For Mx's wedding, we jetted across the straits for a whirlwind weekend of activities. But not without some (quick) moments of indulgences. Such as, drying off in the sun after a quick dip in the pool. Ah, that's the life, isn't it? To be able to say that one has just landed and is off to the villa, with plans for a dip in one's private pool? :)
And of course, we scheduled a quick spot of shopping in Ubud. This little old lady kept telling me I was bankrupting her after I bargained her down to 1/5th the opening price for a hand-painted woven basket. Good deals were had all round, as I'm sure I paid WAY too much for that basket! Haha.
Colourful slippers on display, tempting gullible buyers like us.

The little fountain leading to the wedding venue was most idyllic, with...
...the sunset as a backdrop to the exchange of vows. It's the first beach wedding I've attended in my life. Though romantic in every aspect, I think I'm far to pragmatic a person to not keep thinking, "Might have been better if the wind wasn't around to whip the bride's veil all over the place, almost strangling her", or "Those flower petals strewn oh-so-casually about are going to wilt in no time in this heat". So much for the romance of it all...like pearls at swine...HARHAR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home