Saturday, January 16, 2010

Re-Org


You can't see it clearly here (because I couldn't get the lighting bright enough), but that cupboard has taken two night's hard graft to achieve this level of neatness!

By default, due to it's size and convenience, I had started out assigning the bedlinens to this space right when I had first moved in. And so it has stayed through these two years. Cohabiting cosily with the bedlinens was a whole range of stuff, including the multitude of electric cables and wires which one accumulates over the years together with the acquisition of all manners of electric gadgets, and anything else which would not fit into a smaller cupboard space elsewhere. This space was so full, the doors couldn't be closed properly!

I had originally planned to do some culling and re-organizing of possessions over the long break between Christmas and New Year. Unfortunately, I hadn't foreseen the number of parties and dinners I'd be busy with, and hence didn't manage to get down to any part of the original plan, apart from managing to finally clear the mountain of paperwork I'd accumulated over the year (does "filing" those papers into the bin count??). With CNY 2010 looming, I decided it was time to light a fire under my ass.

Armed with plastic freezer bags of 2 sizes (big and small), plastic tubs of different sizes, I started pulling out things, assessing them, sorting them into bags either for binning, donation, or passing off to friends who might appreciate them more. The remainder got bagged, tagged, clustered, boxed, and re-arranged back into the same space. Et voila! SPACE - miraculously created! I even managed to organize and slot in more boxes of electrical cables which had been residing in 3 other plastic tubs and shoved into another cupboard space.

Nothing like success to drive one's fervour! Next up, wardrobe and kitchen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home