Monday, November 13, 2006

Jingle Bells...



Festive decorations are spilling out of the shopping malls' ears, and it's only mid-November. This ginormous tree, spotted during a lunchtime sojourn to Ngee Ann City, makes me want to burst out in Yuletide songs. However, for the sake of everybody's ears, I shall settle for a short stint of blasting of some choice selections from my iPod in the Executive Office (there being "no government" this week :D ).

And before any of my sensible friends start to remind me of the Frugality Drive I am purportedly on, I had a legitimate excuse for being in a shopping mall during lunch time! It's all these blasted weddings taking place in December, of people we have never even met in our lives...We were looking for items in the wedding gift registry on instructions from colleagues/bosses. (Christofle - *gasp* I think we can only afford that tiny frame for a passport-photo with our pauper's budget! No, wait! We can't even afford that! How?? *wring hands*). Why can't these people just elope?? *grrr*

For those of my friends who are closely following my retail therapy activities, (yes, that's you, LY), I am happy to report the successful (thus far) resistance of the seductive siren call of a certain purple top from The Coast (a.k.a. The Station)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home