Thursday, November 23, 2006

The new “rewarding” career :)





I wonder if I have to declare this gift from an appreciative visitor??

This gift of a Punjabi suit came from a VIP whose itinerary I had to arrange recently (including tracking down a tailor to pay him a visit in his hotel during his visit). I was cautioned to be very deferential in my written correspondences with him (in the manner of “we’re not worthy”), but he turned out to have no airs about him, and was so nice, he insisted on coming back to the office with the Boss to meet me so he could put a face to the *ahem* efficient assistant. :)

It still amazes me when people show appreciation for me doing my job. In my previous life, it felt as if going above and beyond my job scope to be three secretaries, one dispatcher, and two scum-of-the-earth, just wasn’t enough.

Come December, it would be two years since I discarded my old life (“like old clothes that no longer fit”, as J had said).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home