Sunday, March 23, 2008

Karang Guni

Perhaps "eclectic" sounds more exotic.

Someone commented on my decorative style in NH recently. Said she'd always placed me as a "zen"-style type, dotted with designer furniture. Truth be told, if you'd asked me, I'd have stated that as my style too. But looking at NH now, I've realised that THIS, is a more accurate reflection of me - lots of stuff picked up from various sources and adapted to my use, dotted with pieces which I couldn't/wouldn't wait until I had my own place before I'd purchased them (and hence had them stored in various locations until the day they could be reunited under MY roof).



In this manner, I've been conducting my life. If you'd asked me, I'd have told you that my life is generally neat and uncluttered, because that is how I would have liked it. In reality, it's a mishmash of habits and hobbies I'd picked up along the way and loved too much to wait until later before I indulged myself, and filled out in other spots with lifestyle choices which I'd had no choice but to adopt, and adapt. It's funny how sometimes, it takes one's decor style to open the window to one's lifestyle, don't you think?

My attempt to soften the edges around NH further - bought these on offer from NTUC nearby. Comes complete with potting soil and seeds! (Green) fingers crossed that these will germinate into the plants that the labels claim the seeds to be... Thus far, have managed to keep the basil plant alive...two weeks and counting!

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM , Blogger Who cares? said...

It looks nice and comfortable, inviting too. Often we say what we wish to be, but in reality we may be something else. Like I always say, I love the minimalist type of look for home decor, but take a look at my place... hahaha... I shall not indulge u further...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home