Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Karang Guni Woman Strikes again!

One man's discarded poison ...
...is another woman's treasured find! With much embarrassment and stealth, I picked this up from the lift lobby under the cloak of night and hastily carted it back to my little cave. Quick wipe down, et voila! It'll be put to good use under the kitchen counters for more organized storage! Alternatively, it could be a chic little drinks trolley...so many uses I can dream up for its second life...

On the prowl for more bargains, I hit my usual second-hand haunts this weekend. I was determined to lay my eager little hands on a bronze horse lamp I had spotted a couple of weeks ago. Unconvinced that I could not get this at a lower price from another shop, I did some price comparisons around the shops over the past few weeks. Tail between my legs, I acknowledged that this was a bargain, and headed back to the shop, waving my chequebook at them...
Spotted two other worthy lamps, agonized over the choices, spent some minutes justifying the buys, and finally plonked down the cold hard cash for them. Here they are! A bronze Qilin lamp, and...
I know, I know. Somewhat not in the same character as the other two lamps. But still very "me". Whilst the other two would give a more "sophisticated" modern asian look, this one's retro-modern. It'll blend right into the eclectic mix of my little cave. Hmm, now...where shall I place these new acquisitions to most dramatic effect?? Decisions, decisions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home