Friday, December 22, 2006

Take a Walk on the Cultural Side

Took leave (from work and of my senses), and braved the thronging crowds in Orchard Road on the last Friday before Christmas (in high heels, no less. The degree of my vanity knows no bounds).



On the insistence of a friend, I checked out the newly refurbished National Museum of Singapore. Beautiful! Both the old and the new wings were very impressive. Lots of art installations (did NOT get the Merlion-seal thingy by David Chan, so NO photos there). The swinging chandelier walkway was a nice touch. And Kurt Wenner's anamorphic artwork was really interesting.






After going through all the galleries, I filled my stomach with a very expensive roast chicken sandwich and a nice cuppa.









Satisfied, I trudged down the road to take a bus back to join the crowds at the shopping malls to fit in some last minute shopping.

Remember the National Library? Now, a gaping hole in the side of a slope...sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home