Saturday, May 10, 2008

25 degree Celsius

In my *ahem* younger days, I could never have done this...

Walking around Keong Saik Road, checking out a new bookstore, I chanced upon "25 degree Celsius" - cafe bar cookbooks test kitchen

Huh? "Test kitchen"? Wassat??

Well, apparently, the chef decides to try out some recipes from a particular cookbook. You try, you like, you can buy the cookbook home to replicate the magic. :) The test kitchen menu looked interesting - tofu miso soup, steak marinated in two miso pastes, and a coffee pudding. All from "Harumi's Japanese Home Cooking" (Harumi Kurihara). So I sat me down at a table, and had a 3-course dinner all by myself...something I'd never have had the self-confidence to do so in my younger days (what a couple more birthdays under your belt wouldn't do for you...).

The whole meal was surprisingly light in taste, and I found the vinegary rice, topped with toasted sesame seeds, a very interesting experience for the tastebuds. I've discovered that, when you eat alone at a restaurant, with no TV or conversations with friends to distract you, you tend to pay more attention to the flavours of the meal before you. I'll certainly repeat the experience again!

25 degree Celsius
25 Keong Saik Road #01-01
Singapore 089132
t: 6327 8389
www.25degreec.com
mon - sat 11am - 11pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home