Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lost and Found


人人大虾面

I was dismayed when I discovered that my favourite prawn noodles stall had uprooted and moved to a new spot somewhere in Chinatown. And before I could visit their new location, they had uprooted to somewhere else again. One day, while driving to work, I noticed a familiar name along Jalan Besar Road. Lo and behold! My favourite prawn noodles shop has been found! Naturally, I had to drag the first crowd I could gather here, at the first available opportunity. Even if it meant having to create some excuse for it! :P

Alas, one's memory and reality appears to be two different things.

The soup stock was not as thick and tasty as I had remembered it to be. A case of memory enhancing the experience remembered? Or have they lost their touch? Still, it's a pretty decent bowl of prawn noodles (though I ordered the pork rib noodles instead). And now, I'll know where to find them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home