Sunday, June 21, 2009

Decade

It's been the best of times, it's been the worst of times.

At the start of this decade, I was the prodigal daughter, ready to return from my escape from home via a stint overseas. In the past 10 years, I've bought (and sold) my first immovable property (spawning a hobby which has become a bit of an obsession), bought my first set of matching mugs (no more free mugs from petrol stations!), changed a career, lost both parents, re-prioritized my life, set up a roof over my head and surrounded myself with the things and people that matter to me.  At many points in this journey, the scenery and cast have been changed many times. 

I find myself ending the decade in a great place in life. Not bad for 10 years.

The sending off the end of the decade started at mid-day, with a dum briyani lunch at Tekka Market.
A walk through an exhibition after a nice nap in the afternoon in a cool dark room
Wrapping our minds around the abstract artistic expressions on display
And of course, what's a birthday without a cake send-off/welcome? My first candle-lit dinner, carefully planned and researched by Our Friend (albeit upon my instructions to do so). But much brownie points given, since thought was actually expended. My expectations have been exceeded! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home