Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New Old Chapter

Today officially marks the first day my colleagues all went back to work without me.

Today, I got to sleep in. Then I wasted no time in flitting between my many "projects" - clearing out the wardrobe, packing the bathroom cabinet, cleaning up. In a very disorganized, flighty, sort of way. I decided the quickest way to free up wardrobe space is to pack away all my "work" work clothes - i.e. those clothes which I would never wear if I weren't heading into the office (because, a lot of times, I wear all kinds of rubbish to work. So it is important to explain this...). Mission, accomplished.



Although it's not the first time in my life I've quit without another job waiting, it feels odd to actually pack away my work clothes. Like I'm serious about not really needing them for quite a while. Having worked for so many years, and not been in a relationship (for many years) or started a family, work defines me in so many ways. Without one to define me, I'm busy keeping myself busy, so I don't have to figure out how else to define myself...

It feels like 7 years' ago, when I left practice. But different. This time, I'm intent on making full use of the break to achieve a whole bunch of different things in my life. In the course of which I'm hoping to get my life in order...

So, I've got to get down to making my List. All the things I want to spend my time doing, now that I have a lot of it on my hands. Updates coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home