Saturday, August 25, 2007

And the Sun Finally Came Out to Play!

Finally, after DAYS of endless raining, the sun finally came out to play.



Naturally, I had to get out of the house. Mac was chockful of life today. Armed with a loaf of bread, I caused a feeding frenzy amongst the lampans, which lead to a feeding frenzy amongst the gurame. :) Right, food chain still working. On I go for a hike through the trail.

Nice and easy walk through the slightly muddy slippery ground, stopping for a looksee at a little salamander (?). Sorry, not exactly the wildlife expert here, but that's what it looked like. :P The little critter was just sitting on a fallen tree trunk, taking in the sun. No doubt, I was not the only one who missed the sunshine of late. Turning around to walk on and engrossed in all that was going on around me, I almost stepped onto a 2.5-footer monitor lizard, also sunning itself on the muddy forest path. Eeks!


Butterflies were out in full force, busy plant-visiting. There was even a bright blue one which landed on the wet grass around a little streamlet, probably to catch a breather after all that frantic flitting about. Up above my head, a lone bird was trilling away, evidently just as happy as I was to catch the rays that not even the noon heat could deter us from.

Dangers lurk in the forest
Idyllic, no? Just like the view from some beach resort. Right here on the little red dot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home