Sunday, August 12, 2007

Karang Guni

Project New Home has commenced!

The past weekend was spent moving various pieces of furniture bagged from friends and old homes.

I know. Pre-renovation is NOT an appropriate time to move furniture into the new home. But these pieces had to be cleared out of their old homes before the deadline, and so, Ah Ho and his gang will have no choice but to put up with shifting the pieces here and there as they go about refreshing the place.

Heaving and shoving pieces of furniture up and down stairs is not funny any more. Not at our age! We're just not "that strength which in the old days moved earth and heaven"! Sigh...Still, I had fun planning where each piece would go, and where I would have what lighting options. Finally, I could rest my butt on something other than a piece of newspaper on the floor as I indulged in my daydreams. Surprising myself, I actually managed to take a short nap, curled up on the 2-seater sofa, with the outside traffic noise providing a low constant hum of a lullaby! I guess I could get used to the noise level there afterall!

"This year's southwest brought some rain and gust". Trusty weather man's report came a little late...Got caught in a passing shower as I was riding around this weekend, I now know the discomfort and inconvenience of the life of a rider. Having a pair of wet jeans on is NOT glamourous in the least, regardless of the cool bike you're on. And the raindrops! Oh, the raindrops! It felt like little pieces of rock were being pelted at my body! I really appreciated the shelter and protection of a car for the rest of this weekend.

I can't WAIT for my new home to be ready...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home