Friday, September 21, 2007

A Toast

Repaying the favour M did me three months ago, I dragged her out for a celebration on the anniversary of her birth. We headed to a restaurant I haven't been to in years - Silk Road at The Amara. The last time we were there, it was for a family dinner of sorts. It's been a while...

The atmosphere was still there, but the Szechuan peppers in the dishes weren't as tongue-numbing as I recalled.

Somehow, I remembered this being done with more flourish and skill when we were last here...and no hot water was actually spiilled the last time around!
Rosemary tea. Again, I wish I'd ordered the "8 Treasures Tea", which I remembered to be more fragrant and sweet than this...
The wasabi prawns were fresh. And check out the peppers in the veggie dish! Lethal-looking!
Yam paste dessert - very smooth. Rather excellent.

Birthdays.

Just another day in the calendar year. I don't need an excuse to buy presents for myself. :) On this anniversary, do you take the opportunity to look back on the year past, and pat yourself on the back for a year well-spent? Of having done things, lived life, met people, shed baggage, moved on, seen places? You are not the person you were a year ago, having tucked life's many experiences under your belt. "You've come a long way, Baby!" should be the mantra for the day! Why not celebrate a fruitful year gone by, and toast to the hopes of a happier year ahead? * Salut *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home