Thursday, October 09, 2008

222

Nope, not of Satanic numerical significance. Nor is it of some Chinese "easy life!" significance.

I've been so busy at work, and what with the world collapsing around our ears, the second anniversary of the birth of this blog has come and gone quietly.

Seize the day! Carpe diem. That had been the rallying cry two years ago, when I started on this journey. It remains so, even after all that has transpired since. Just take off the rose-tinted goggles and the blinkers while I'm zooming down the highway of life...

It has been an interesting and eventful two years. Much has changed. And yet, much remains the same. That applies not just to the events going on around me and in my life, but also to the way I have looked at the world and the people in it. Lessons in life are gleaned continuously.


"Come, my friends. 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world. Push off, and sitting well in order smite the sounding furrows; for my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die. It may be that the gulfs will wash us down; it may be we shall touch the Happy Isles, and see the great Achilles whom we knew.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in the old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are - one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
- Tennyson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home