Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hole


*Puts hand up and pleads guilty to neglect*

On the one hand, nothing much has happened.

On the other hand, things HAVE been happening. Just not compelling enough to blog about them. Besides, I blame someone else's apnea problems, causing my feeling constantly too tired and uninspired to blog. :P

After the spate of holiday-ing earlier, it's been a big "thump" back down to earth, scurrying around the workplace. A few friends have since become mothers (some first time, some the second time around). I chucked out a whole bunch of stuff to make space for someone else's stuff. Some old furniture got replaced by some new retro stuff. And a piece of my ceiling came down.

In the middle of the night, after I had already crashed landed on LaLa-Land, there was apparently an almighty crash somewhere abouts The Cave. Our Friend, true to horror movie style, went to investigate the cause with nary a baseball bat to arm himself. Lucky for him no horror lurked around the corner... We found the kitchen cornice, with bits of the ceiling, shattered into many pieces and scattered on the kitchen counter and around the floor.

The next day, I called in trusty Ah Ho to offer his professional opinion on cause and rectification, and was duly informed that various other parts of my ceiling were also on the verge of boinking me on the head soon. Serious expertise to assign blame was called for. So I called in the officials this morning for a thorough investigation (from 6 feet away, with a torch light pointed weakly in the general direction of the raw concrete dent in my ceiling). The official verdict was issued on the spot, informing me that they could help me rectify the problem if I would only go join the thronging crowds at the next Meet-the-People session, and beseech the MP to endorse my request for assistance in fixing my crumbling ceiling. What?? I believe the man failed to understand the issue (don't even get my started!).

I didn't need financial assistance in fixing the ceiling! I need to know who would be responsible for the prevention of my being boinked on the head by a piece of falling concrete!

Official Shirker having issued his verdict, I decided I'd rather have someone I trusted to save me from potential harm. Trusty Ah Ho it is then.

Meanwhile, bits of the kitchen ceiling continues to crumble...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home