Monday, July 21, 2008

Another Old Friend Revisited

After the usual government compulsory acquisition, we thought we'd lost an old haunt for Taiwan Porridge. Fortunately, P discovered their new location in Toa Payoh park. So we paid a visit to our "old friend" last week. The new location was similarly sited near a body of water, with new decor, but all the familiar old utensils (note the pink plastic tub containing the porridge and the plastic cup holder!).
"Kong bak" - check!

Polished off the rest of the meal! *Burp*

Dessert time. Almond jelly with tinned longans. Yum!

The next morning, on the way to check out accessories for the new bike, I stumbled upon an old-style eatery. Too embarassed to take photos of my surroundings, but here's a pic of the minced pork porridge I had (couldn't find any minced pork, but yummy nonetheless). I promised myself to re-visit this "old coffee shop caught in a time warp" another time.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Blogger Who cares? said...

Toa Payoh Park?! Woohoo... I know I am going..!! now, anybody found the old Lakeview Bak Kut Teh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home