Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cocoon

Re-visited a long-forgotten eatery recently, bringing our out-of-towner along, so she could start re-acquainting herself with the scene here. Afterall, she claims she's determined to move back home this time around...we shall see.

The place has undergone a renovation, and the decor now gives more of a cocoon-like feel to an occupant of its space. I like it, and have taken a picture to try to ascertain the essence of this decor. I have hopes of replicating the same feelings of warmth and comfort in our new home. In fact, I have lots of ideas and wishes (no surprises there), but those fantasies would need to be tempered by budget (very important) and practicality (also important by my books).

Reality bites. We all have to live with compromises. I cannot justify blowing lots of money, gutting and re-doing a place, when the whole attraction of the purchase was the mint condition of it to begin with. On the other hand, we're going to have to live there. How much of the cold modern look can I live with, or do I need some wood-like warmth to be comfortable?

Doubtless, it is a dilemma. But a pleasant one to deal with, in the general scheme of things. Life's good. So far. (You know how lawyers have to qualify everything...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home