Friday, April 09, 2010

Tai Shek Eating House


Spinach and Seafood Soup. All your day's veggie quota in a soup. :) "Almost like sharksfin", according to my colleague. Well, it's thick, like sharksfin... :) Have to admit that it's tasty though. This place is also famous for its handmade noodles which, the owner tells me, they do not add any egg colouring in during the process of making it. Forgive the lack of pictures, since I was too busy tucking in (hence my half finished bowl of soup). The noodles lacked the "QQ"-ness of Hong Kong-style "rubber band" noodles, but still had a firmness to it that was very pleasant. And more importantly, there was no alkaline taste to the noodles, which made it far more palatable.

The dumplings in soup in the top left hand part of the photo are the Tobiko prawn dumplings. It's made with fresh prawns and has very generous dollops of ebiko (flying fish roe) in it, making eating the whole dumpling a very crunchy experience. I like!

The steamed chicken here is made using spring chicken instead of the usual "hormone-laden" chicken, according to the owner. It tastes quite firm and less oily, which I like. Though I can't say that that would be to everyone's taste. I'm told the whole reason some people like the chicken in chicken rice is because it's smooth and soft and has a layer of fat just under the skin...*ewe*... I like my chicken firm and without fat.

*burp* Another culinary adventure brought to you by the not-very-discerning foodie...
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home